David Winfield has just joined our team as the Director of Youth. We sat down with Dave to ask some very important questions…
What’s a talent you have that not many people know about?
I can solve a Rubik’s Cube in under a minute.
What 3 people (alive or dead) would you invite to your house for dinner and why?
Aside from my family: Jesus (talk about an opportunity to serve!), Rick Rubin (not only because he’s a deep thinker and an incredibly gifted music producer, but because he seems open to a range of conversations), Tim Keller (for his wisdom and cultural understanding, and his love for the Lord. Would love to see him and Rick Rubin connect).
Favourite Bible character and why?
Paul, because he’s courageous (2 Corinthians 11:24-28), and because of his love for and commitment to the church.
What’s your favorite movie or TV show of all time, and what do you love about it?
Seinfeld. Easy to watch, relatable, timeless!
What’s the best book you’ve read recently, and what did you like about it?
Well, I know I’m late on this, but I just recently read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe for the first time with my wife. Loved the rich characters and the Gospel elements.
What’s the funniest joke you know by heart?
I confess I had to look this up, but it made me laugh: What’s the best thing about Switzerland? I don’t know, but the flag is a big plus.
- Chocolate or candy? Chocolate
- TV series or movie? Movie
- Relaxing beach vacation or Action-packed vacation? Relaxing!
- The Office or Seinfeld? In case you couldn’t guess from my answer to #4, Seinfeld!
- Sweet or savoury? Savoury
- Early bird or night owl? Definitely a night owl!
- Cats or dogs? I’m afraid to say it…I’m not a big pet person. If push comes to shove, I think I’d go with dog.
- Android or iOS? iOS (for the iMessage, of course)
- Camping or Luxury hotel? Luxury hotel
- Action movie or comedy? Comedy
What excites you most about this new role?
I’m most excited to watch how Jesus is at work in the lives of youth. It will be such a joy to walk alongside them as they grow in their knowledge and love for Christ!