Sermon by Brett Landry
Ten signs that you’re building with the wrong materials:
- Christ may be the foundation, but he is not the centre.
- Scripture is minimized or dismissed.
- Sin is re-defined to be culturally acceptable.
- Gospel doctrine with no gospel culture.
- Human leaders are the heroes of the stories.
- Big leadership personalities start to eclipse the message of the gospel.
- Repentance is preached but not modelled.
- Unnecessary division is tolerated.
- Sexual immorality is tolerated.
- Ministry is done with great strategy in an absence of prayer.
Ten signs that you’re building with the right materials:
- No one cares who gets the credit as long as God gets the glory.
- Evangelism and discipleship are at the forefront.
- The next generation is thought about in everything.
- They care more about reaching the city than preserving their comfort.
- If the church disappeared from the neighbourhood, the neighbours would be sad.
- People are eager to model generosity.
- The poor and marginalized are included and cared for.
- Everyone is equipped and empowered to use the gifts God has given them.
- The fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5) is evident to all.
- By being present, you’re somehow simultaneously comforted and challenged.
BONUS: Relational reconciliation is done at the foot of the cross.
Subscribe to our podcasts and YouTube channel to listen to more Christ City Church sermons.