Christ City Church is looking to hire individuals who want to serve our church in the areas of youth and kids ministry. These positions are for Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or a person on whom refugee protection has been conferred, who are between the ages of 15-30. The successful intern will be flexible and willing to serve the kids, youth, and families of Christ City through the administration of Christ City Kids and Youth Ministry, by serving at Christ City Kids and Youth Ministry events, and helping with the execution of Kids and Youth Day Camps. They will also have the opportunity to grow in their faith through direct discipleship from the Director of Youth Ministry, the Assistant Director of Youth Ministry, and the Director of Kids Ministry. This role is designed to help someone get job experience and prepare them in a more robust faith.
Reports Directly To: Director of Youth Ministry or the Director of Kids Ministry
Type of Position: Paid Youth Internship or Paid Kids Internship
Hours Per Week: 35hrs/week for 12 weeks
- Cooperation with Christ City’s theological stance and vision for ministry.
- Administrative skills needed for the organizing of events and helping with events.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Demonstrated ability to work at the level of independence and with the degree of initiative necessary for the position.
- Time management skills (efficiency, multitasking, prioritizing, dependability).
- Able to maintain confidentiality in areas demanding discretion.
- The planning and implementation of Youth Day Camp for 2022.
- The planning and implementation of Kids Day Camps in 2022.
- Willingness to follow the discipleship plan laid out by the Director of Youth Ministry and Director of Kids Ministry
- Demonstrates a love for Jesus and a calling to serve His Church.
- Desire to teach and disciple.
- Teachable and willing to learn
- Is motivated to serve in areas of need above areas of preference. Is a committed follower of Jesus, having recognized and repented of personal sin, baptized as a sign of death to self and life in Jesus, and continuing to grow in Christ-likeness.
- Can be relational and work well with team members, whether staff or volunteer.
- Willing to mop the floor.
- Agrees with Christ City’s mission, values, and statement of faith, understanding that all areas of ministry (Service, Kids, Youth, Community Groups, etc.) do not stand alone but all fit under the umbrella of Christ City’s vision and goals.
To apply for the position of “Youth Intern” please email a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the position of “Kids Intern” please email a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com.