January 8th – Spiritual Life of Christ City
1. Christ City Attendees & Members
- Pray for the spiritual life of our community – that we would be strengthened in our hearts – understanding more deeply the great love and joy of the Father over us individually and corporately.
- Pray that we’d come to know God better – His nature, his character, His will etc.
- Pray that we’d be built up and released to walk more fully in the identities that Christ has given each one of us – released in giftings and the callings he’s placed on each one of our lives.
- Pray that a spirit of conviction would fall on our community as we begin a new year – that in God’s mercy, by His Spirit, sins would be confessed, shame broken off, and an alignment to the holiness of God would sweep through our community – that we would be a community that is radically committed to righteousness in all areas of our lives.
Ephesians 1:17-20 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a Spirit of Wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according the working of his great might.
Ephesians 3:16-20 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power though his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith – that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
John 17:24-26 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them and I in them.”
2. Christ City Youth
- Pray for the youth of the church – the teenagers, the young people and the college age – that they would have a profound personal experience of God’s goodness and his love for them. Pray that they would know God as their own heavenly Father and experienced the transformation that His love brings in our lives.
- Pray that they would love the truth and experience the beauty of Jesus – that they would know deeply that Jesus really is the way, the truth and life.
- Pray that they would be guided in each step of their future – that they would know God’s provision and his guidance as they make decisions about their future.
Phil 1:9-10 And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
Proverbs 3:5-8 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to our bones.
3. Christ City Kids
- Pray that they would grow up in the wisdom, the knowledge and the fear of the Lord and that they would experience from a young age the reality of God’s goodness. Even though they are young, that they would walk by the Spirit and know God’s deep love for them.
- Pray that even as young children, they would know the truth and that the truth would set them free – that their minds and hearts would be protected from the lies of the world around them.
- Pray that we as a community would be faithful in raising up our children in the word of God, teaching them His ways and modeling His love.
Deuteronomy 6:5–9 You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
1 Timothy 4:12 Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.
Luke 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man.
January 9th – Community at Christ City
1. Leaders (Pastors, Elders, Staff …)
- Pray for great strengthening and deep refreshment in their hearts as they begin a new year of ministry and leadership in our community — that they would be equipped in every area of their personal lives and ministry roles to lead as God has called them to.
- Pray that they would know God’s will and walk in it, as they seek to guide and support our community, helping us grow together in the knowledge of all that God is calling Christ City into this next year.
- Pray that they would be protected from the attack of the enemy & blessed with greater and greater faith.
“And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with all the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy.”
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
2. People in need at Christ City – practical needs, relational needs, difficult and confusing circumstances etc.
- Pray that God would show up in the midst of their circumstances with great peace and hope. In the midst of the confusion and need, pray that God’s Spirit of comfort would be very real in their hearts.
- Pray that they would experience miraculous provision & answered prayer. God is a provider, God is a healer, God is our Father who loves to show up in our lives in real ways – pray that those in our community in great need would experience God’s hand moving in their circumstances.
- As a community we stand with them, and we ask for God’s Kingdom to come into each individual circumstance – for His glory.
Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
Matt 7:9-11 Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!”
Also see: 1 Sam 2:1-10, Ps 42: 7-8
3. Community Groups/Community Life at Christ City
- Pray for those among us that are still searching for Jesus – that they would come to a knowledge of who Jesus is as Lord of their lives.
- Pray for those who feel like they don’t belong – that the doors of Christ City would be open wide and they would find deep and real community here, that CGs would be welcoming and that Christ City would be a place of beautiful spiritual fellowship.
- Pray for Community Groups – that they would continue to be knit together in spiritual friendship. Pray that God would raise up CG leaders as need arises.
Matt 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Acts 2:42-43 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common.
January 10th – Worship and Prayer Night
Join us for our Night of Worship and Prayer
January 11th – Vancouver
1. City/Neighborhood/personal neighbors
- Pray for softening of hearts among the lost in our neighborhoods and our friends who do not know Jesus.
- Pray that we would grow as a community in boldness and the gift of evangelism – that more and more opportunities to share the gospel would come to each one of us and that we would step out of our comfort zones as the opportunity comes, enabled by His Spirit to faithfully testify to Jesus Christ.
- Pray that the Kingdom of God would break in to the lives of those around us – that the strongholds of unbelief, fear, addiction, bitterness etc would be broken off of lives.
Eph 6:19-20 …that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.
Matt 9:37-38 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.
2 Cor 3:16-18 But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.
Also see Isa. 63:15-16; 64:1-7
2. People of Christ City in the Marketplace
- Pray for our community in the marketplace – that they would be strengthened in boldness as witnesses to the gospel in their places of work – commissioned as sent ones & delivered from the fear of man.
- Pray for opportunities to share the gospel, that they would be sensitive to the Holy Spirit in all that He wants to do in and through them as they are at work.
- Pray for favor and, like Joseph and Daniel, they would be people committed to walking with righteousness, entrusting their lives and professions into God’s hand.
2 Thess 3:1-5 Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you, and that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men. For not all have faith. But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one. And we have confidence in the Lord about you, that you are doing and will do the things that we command. May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.
Acts 4:29-31 And now, Lord, look upon their threats and grant to your servants to continue to speak your word with all boldness, 30 while you stretch out your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servant Jesus.” 31 And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness.
Ps 37: 6-8 Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him, fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices.
3. Ministries of Christ City that seek to bless the city – ten:eighteen, Urban Chapel, Alpha etc.
- Pray for provision for all ministry needs – financial & personnel resources would be provided in abundance.
- Thank God for the provision from the Advent Giving Campaign for the Urban Chapel – pray that God would establish that ministry this year and guide those involved to know where, how, when and what that ministry is meant to look like – that the Holy Spirit would guide every next step of establishing an Urban Chapel in the DTES.
- Pray that they would have great impact as they reach out to the least of these – that those in this city would find freedom and restoration in Jesus.
Isa 61: 1-2 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn
John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
January 12th – Christ City in 2024
1. For direction and guidance in the big areas of need facing our community.
- Thank God for all the growth that has happened at Christ City this year, pray that God would guide our leaders as they steward that growth and seek to answer all the questions that come with growing quickly as a church body.
- Pray that God would continue to build up Christ City according to His Purpose and that we as a community would be committed to surrendering our plans into His hands, both individually and corporately. Pray that the Father’s will, His agenda, would be done through our Church this next year.
- Pray that in every program, every class, every ministry there would be a great sensitivity to the Spirit’s leadership and guidance.
Psalm 127:1 Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.
Psalm 25:10, 12-15 All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies… Who is the man who fears the Lord? Him will he instruct in the way that he should choose. His soul shall abide in well-being, and his offspring shall inherit the land. The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them his covenant. My eyes are ever towards the Lord”
2. Obedience and faith would increase in our community.
- Thank the Lord for the people of Christ City – that this is a community of those who seek to obey God’s Word and follow Him with great faith. Ask, in the name of Jesus, for more – for an increase in faith in our midst, for an even greater commitment to living lives of obedience and surrender to God’s purposes.
- Pray that our community would grow in the ministry that God has called us to, both individually and corporately – that spiritual gifts would be fanned into flame. Pray that we would be increasingly activated in the mission God has called us to.
- Pray that the fear of the Lord would increase in our personal lives and in our corporate body.
Matt 6:9-13 Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
2 Tim 1:6-8 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God,
Romans 4:20-21 No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised.
3. Provision for specific needs at Christ City
- Pray God would provide and lead around the question of a new church plant for Christ City – that He would bring the right location, the right people, at the right time.
2 Chron 20:13 We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.