Hiring: Director of Worship & Ministry Development
ONE SENTENCE JOB DESCRIPTION
This position is a full-time Director of Worship and Ministry Development role, focused on Christ City’s mission of Creating Opportunities for People to Encounter Jesus. The primary focus of this role is to oversee all aspects of music for Christ City Church, Kitsilano, with the additional responsibilities of assisting in overseeing various aspects of the development and execution of day to day operations and week to week gatherings.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversee all aspects of Christ City Kitsilano’s worship ministry including but not limited to:
· Working with the Lead Pastor, staff, worship leaders, and all volunteers, equipping them for ministry specifically related to the Christ City Church value, Gathered, understanding that we gather together on the first day of the week to celebrate Christ in Worship, Word, and Sacrament
· Bringing a thoughtful, Christ-centred, Spirit-filled, Scripturally-saturated approach to all aspects of the gathered worship of Christ City Church, Kitsilano.
· Oversight and training of new and existing members of the Sound Team
· Ongoing discipleship of existing members of the band
· Developing new musicians to be ready to join the Sunday teams for gathered worship
· Equipping band members in a way that can prepare Christ City Church to multiply through the establishment of new neighbourhood churches
Half of this role is related to overseeing all aspects of Christ City Kitsilano’s worship ministry and the other half of the role is executing vision through aspects of administration, care, discipleship, and ministry development.
Title: Director of Worship and Ministry Development
Reports Directly To: Lead Pastor, Christ City Church, Kitsilano
Type of Position: full time, permanent
Compensation: Negotiable based on experience and education, plus coverage of MSP, Extended Health Benefits, 5% matching contributions to Pension Plan, and paid vacation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Preference will be given to those with formal education in theology, music, leadership, or those with equivalent experience.
· Team based approaches to ministry
· Experience in leadership is an asset
Christ City Church is a growing six-year-old church plant geographically located in the centre of the city of Vancouver with a vision to establish a network of neighbourhood churches. We are currently in three diverse neighbourhoods in our city with plans to expand.
We are unapologetically centred on Jesus Christ.
We are grounded in the authoritative Scriptures, the culture of this city, and the history of the church.
We gather as a body of believers every Sunday for worship, Word, and sacrament, and we gather in smaller communities as Community Groups throughout the week for ongoing discipleship, that we might be known and in turn know others.
We believe the church is called to God and then sent by God to be on mission. We live out that sent identity through a life of 24/7 worship in the everyday. We believe the gospel informs our vocational life, our family life, and our recreational life, and that there is no part of our lives that is not impacted by the in-breaking reality of the renewal of all things that has begun in the resurrection of Jesus.
Christ City Church is reformed in soteriology, continuationist in pneumatology, missional in ecclesiology, and complementarian in polity.
· Must be a follower of Jesus, having recognized and repented of personal sin and baptized as a sign of death to self and life in Jesus. Life must clearly demonstrate a high level of spiritual maturity.
· Must be growing in Christ-likeness demonstrating a commitment to a transformed life through the work of the Holy Spirit in spiritual disciplines such as, prayer, study, giving, fasting, solitude, confession, unity, worship, etc.
· Must have a clear sense of God’s calling to ministry at Christ City with much passion for the calling.
· Ability to be relational and work well with team members, whether staff or volunteer.
· Demonstrate a caring heart for others.
· Willing to mop the floor.
· Must agree with Christ City’s mission, values, and statement of faith, understanding that the all areas of ministry (Service, Kids, Community Groups, etc.) do not stand alone but fit under the umbrella of Christ City’s vision and mission.
· Should be an enthusiastic and creative team leader who is willing to work with current staff and volunteers, with an eye to equipping others for ministry through ongoing discipleship.
· Must live in the city of Vancouver, committed to reaching the people of Vancouver as God gives opportunity.
Christ City Church is receiving applications until December 22, 2019, or until a suitable candidate is hired. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com